Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Support

So I was looking through the mailbag earlier today, and I had more than one email calling me out for projecting Jimmy Clausen as the number one pick in my initial mock draft.  It was my plan to write out the economic/business justification for this selection, because that is what drove the decision initially, but this afternoon I read an article by John Clayton from ESPN.  He did a better job explaining my position than I could have done.  The link to his article is here.

As noted by my most recent Hot Stocks list, I believe Suh to be the top player in this draft.  I love McCoy and Berry too.  In fact, I had 10 players ranked ahead of both Bradford and Clausen.  But to reiterate John Clayton's point... sometime it is the economics of the game that contributes more to draft choice than talent or need.

No comments:

Post a Comment