Thursday, April 22, 2010

Live Blog

So tonight I will blog the first round of the NFL draft.  I will write a quick review of each pick, and assign a grade to the team drafting the player.  I will consider a few things when I deliver these grade.  First, I will look at the value the team got with the player.  If they reached, this will impact the grade. Another thing I will look at is how well the player fits the team that drafted him.  If the team ignores their needs, and only draft based on the skill of the player, that will effect their grade too.

If I give the team an "A", that means I feel the pick is excellent.  Likely the team got good value with their selection, and they likely filed a position of need too. 

Grades of "B" are given to teams who did well with their pick.  It may not be stellar, but solid, and the team and their fans should be happy.

A "C" grade indicates the team only did OK.  This could indicate a reach, or a best player that doesn't fit a need type scenario.

"D" grades mean the team missed.  There were likely multiple better options to go with. 

Finally, if I give the team an "F", they completely bombed the pick in my opinion. 

This will be a very exciting night, so stick with us all the way through the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment